Going away on vacation or a business trip can be stressful, especially if you have a dog. You want to make sure that your furry friend is well-cared for while you're gone. One option is to board your dog at a kennel or pet hotel.
Dog boarding is a service where your dog is cared for by a professional in a kennel or pet hotel. The kennel or pet hotel will provide your dog with food, water, shelter, and exercise. They will also take your dog for walks and play with them.
How to Find a Reliable Dog Boarding Near You
There are a few things you can do to find a reliable dog boarding near you:
- Ask your friends, family, and neighbors for recommendations.
- Check online reviews.
- Visit the kennel or pet hotel in person.
- Ask about the kennel or pet hotel's policies and procedures.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Dog Boarding Near You
Here are some things to consider when choosing a dog boarding near you:
- The size and breed of your dog. Some kennels or pet hotels specialize in certain sizes or breeds of dogs.
- Your dog's personality. Some dogs are more active than others, so you'll want to find a kennel or pet hotel that can accommodate your dog's needs.
- Your budget. Dog boarding prices can vary depending on the services offered and the experience of the kennel or pet hotel.
- Your location. If you live in a rural area, you may have fewer options for dog boarding.
Interviewing the Kennel or Pet Hotel
Once you've found a few potential kennels or pet hotels, it's important to interview them in person. This will give you a chance to ask questions and get to know the staff.
Here are some questions you can ask the kennel or pet hotel:
- How long have you been in business?
- What are your policies and procedures?
- What kind of experience do your staff have with dogs?
- What kind of exercise do you provide for the dogs?
- What kind of food do you feed the dogs?
- What kind of security measures do you have in place?
Choosing a Dog Boarding Near You
Once you've interviewed a few potential kennels or pet hotels, it's time to choose one. Be sure to choose a kennel or pet hotel that you feel comfortable with and that you think will be a good fit for your dog.
Tips for Leaving Your Dog at a Dog Boarding
Here are a few tips for leaving your dog at a dog boarding:
- Provide the kennel or pet hotel with a detailed list of your dog's feeding, walking, and medication schedule.
- Give the kennel or pet hotel a copy of your dog's vaccination records.
- Leave the kennel or pet hotel with a few of your dog's favorite toys and treats.
- Make sure you have a way to contact the kennel or pet hotel in case of an emergency.
Finding a reliable dog boarding near you can be a daunting task, but it's important to do your research and choose a kennel or pet hotel that you feel comfortable with. By following these tips, you can be sure that your dog will be well-cared for while you're away.